Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Attending wedding and breastfeeding

It is my brother-in -law wedding soon. 

I used to be cool abt attending wedding with baby when wl was baby,  when I only had one baby.  My coolest feat was when she was abt 3mth old,  I attended 2 of my best friends wedding on the same day alone with her in a sling. (Both of them are also mother now, and their baby both also born on the same mth as mm, such a coincidence rite? ) Breastfeeding-convenient dress,  and nursing cover with a baby who will slp everytime after latch.  I thought I was the coolest mum in town. Fast forward abt 3 yrs later,  I suddenly became an useless mum who can't bring her kids to wedding.  (And the irony is , now I have the whole husband, in-law,  and even helper going to the same wedding. More ppl by right shud be more help right? )

The stress came when another bro gf say she is going to get professional to do make up for her that day.  And then mil came to saye that we have to make up look good that day coz we are "半个主人" must show that we 重视这个婚礼"。ok,  I got it,  I am expected to look good on that day.  So I suggested,  can the girls follow them to the hotel after the early morning tea ceremony , so I can go and make myself look gd. Response is , ok,  wl can go with us,  but baby go with u ,  in case she wanna feed.  Oh right , I am supposed to look good AND be a breastfeeding mum.

I am not saying breastfeeding mum cannot look gd,  but there are really a few major restriction when u have a wriggling 8mth old baby who is curious about every sound and movement PLUS refuse to eat solid and still drink milk every 3hrs , AND a almost 3yr old toddler who don't like to eat wedding food and will go into sudden tantrums esp when she Is going to miss her afternoon nap. If I will have to fulfil my mother duties, I will have to wear nursing wear and bra which are not meant to be figure flatering and pretty,  and no accesories and heels to make it safe for running ard while carrying babies who might pull ur earrings. And whats the pt of putting make up when most likely u will look like a crazy women trying to make the toddler eat and stopping the baby from crawling out of the baby chair AT THE SAME TIME? And the long hours from early tea ceremony to rom to wedding lunch .... oh, i really dread bringing them to wedding now. :(

鱼与熊掌不可兼得。so, do u wan me to look good or be a breastfeeding mum?

No comments: