Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

New office

We finally moved out of Shaw Towers!
If Lena didn't mention today, I would not have realised we were in Shaw Tower for 5 years!
When we just moved to Shaw, I was quite disgusted by that old building; dirty toilets, cranky old lifts, and distance from the mrt station. I secretly prayed that we will move back to Parkview Sq or anywhere more decent soon then. However, as days (or years) past, 'planning with a view' sinked in, and I got used to the convenience (and inconveniences) in that old building. Now that we are at Chinatown point, a relatively newly-refurbished building,  I am sort of disoriented.
It is definitely a much better office location compared to Shaw Tower, mrt exit is just at the building (no more stuck in the rain and cannot go office), there are so many amenities ard, supermarket, shopping options, cheap and good food, But, the problem is there are too many choices; at least 3 routes to go office from home, billions of food choice within sheltered walking distance. Is this like a first world problem or I am old, hence cant adapt to changes?
on a side note, I think I really old liao la... because of the new office layout, I Suddenly realised I am surrounded by ppl I dunno. I know our team expanded over the years, but I have only been hanging out with the same group of ppl over the years. I din bother to know most of the new colleagues. u know, ppl come and go , it is just so tiring to keep building new relationship and to realise the person disappear suddenly.
So well, I still kinda like the new office.... I guess...


No comments: