Pages

Monday, March 6, 2017

D day for yanyan!

Oh! I must quickly write down what happened. If not xl will argue with me again over what happened with his poor memory !

On Wed 15 Feb, went in to kkh after Mcdonald breakfast. Things happened pretty much like What happened with Yiling. I was 3cm dilated already, Dr KT Tan without hesitation , broke the waterbag, and medicine was put in drip to induce. Then we waited for epidural.

The anesthetist seems to be in a bad mood... Her hp keep ring when she tried to "find the space".. Of course she couldn't ! Then she blamed it on my position ... After poking for very long, she finally did it and left unapologeticly... I was just glad it's over and prayed that she really did a gd job and the epidural will work fine despite her unprofessionalism....

Everything proceeds super slowly after this... After 3hrs at abt 11am I was still 4-5cm dilated only..  But my legs were already numb, something that I didn't feel the last two times. Yanyan really dun wan to come out , we joked. The contraction was not as regular as wanling's one.. Then dajie came to visit during her lunch break. At this point I started to feel the contractions, again didn't feel this the last two times too! Just when the epidural finished, I suddenly is fully dilated ! It was a whirlwind after. I was asked to push a few times to practice, then Dr Tan was called. While waiting , the nurse "noted" baby heart decelerated. And asked me to start pushing b4 dr Tan came. Luckily , Dr Tan and her team came in shortly and took over quickly.  Maybe I was too kanchiong, I pushed wrongly a few times and got scolded by Dr Tan. When I was abt to get the hang of it, Dr Tan "noted" that umblical cord is ard baby's neck. I was told to push slowly . "huh, I dunno how to push, still must control and push slowly??" I thought to myself , and tried to control my push as much as I can. Then yanyan was born. The midwife carried the boy and shoved his penis right in front of me and asked , "boy right?" :-/

As I am recalling what happened, my heart is filled with gratitude . Despite the hiccups not only during delivery, but during
the whole pregnancy, he is with me in my arms now.




1 comment:

Lena said...

Congrats my dear.. and the feeling is so surreal! And then finally he's here ! 😊