Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Ham & Mushroom Aglio Olio

My new attempt on Aglio Olio!


I was tasked to cook lunch for Xu Family last Saturday, but it was a lazy Saturday rainy morning, so I wanted to make something easy. Hence, I got all the ingredients at NTUC@ tampines mall after McDonald breakfast.


I simply need to cut the Ham and mushroom into slices and throw all the ingredients together into the pot and fry, no need to de-shell prawns or marinate chicken whatsoever! lunch was prepared in less than half hr. (used honey baked ham and 3-in-1 mushroom pack from NTuC: white & black button and one Portbello)


I added chilli padi this time round. tips for ppl who love spicy food: use small fire to cook, 煸, garlic and chilli padi for some time, before garlic is burnt. your noodles will be more fragrant and spicy. If u can't really take spicy food, remove all seeds wash the chilli thoroughly, add at the end for garnishing only.


To increase the aesthetic look and a bit of 'nutrition', I added wild rocket salad on top of the pasta.


How I make the salad:

A box of wild rocket from NTUC, and japanese sesame salad dressing, sprinkle some parmesan cheese over.


looks yummy right? But sad to say, it doesn't taste as good as it looks. I took a shortcut to cook for everyone at the same time, the noodles became too dry, oil not enough, garlic not enough and the ingredients were not well mixed. :(


It is still wise to cook aglio olio in small portion, maybe for 1 or 2 person if you are an inexperienced cook like myself.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the sensible critique. Me & my cousin were just preparing to do some research on this. We got a book from our local library but I think I learned better from this post. I’m very glad to see such great info being shared freely out there…
HTTP://www.KneeNeckBackPain.com/

Anonymous said...

Lots of helpful information. I have bookmarked your site.