Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Real Yoga

My first purchase on groupon: 6 session of yoga at Real Yoga


Went for my first session yesterday, lesson recommended by dajie: Body Opening!


Had a very bad first impression of Real Yoga. First of all, the consultant I was supposed to meet wasn't around. Then I was just shown to the changing room without much orientation of the whole place. I had to return to the changing room twice, first to put my slippers in the changing room as shoes are not allowed in the studio and there's no place to leave our shoes outside studio  (I don't really like the idea of walking barefooted from the changing room to the studio, not as if they had made effort to keep the floor clean ), second time to put HP in locker.as we're not allowed to use hp in studio. shouldn't they let me know during the 'orientation' if they have so many house rules?


I find the place rather small and cramp, it's almost impossible to be able to reach for my things in locker with ppl changing in the area and putting things in their locker etc . And they don't have toilet! To use the toilet( I only found out after the class) we have to walk out of the premise, the shopping centre toilet with only three cubicle.


The yoga mat were placed very neatly and packed in the studio. When I stepped into the studio the first thing I noticed is a stench of smell, maybe from sweat on the mat( probably they were nv cleaned as the mats are always on the floor) or maybe its feet smell plus the poor ventilation of the room... this is something I had never experience in Fitness First or California Fitness...


The only good thing about Real Yoga is probably their lesson/instructor. At least the yoga positions were taught on greater detail so we could do it correctly.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I should have been there to orientate you but I bang sehn you by being late. I'm really sorry. I totally agree with you. The cramped and wet toilets. The stinky room. The unfriendly staff. Only the instructors (some) are quite genuine about teaching yoga. I've booked the Sunday class. See ya soon! Xl can come along if he's interested. I'm bring rx and ll.

J1am1n said...

aiyo, u are not even their staff, why should you be the one responsible for orientation? btw i started doing my sit ups today! Started with 10 >.<