Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Threatened miscarriage

I was introduced a new word today: 'Threatened miscarriage '.

It means: good news, your baby is OK. baby's heartbeat is OK, there's no miscarriage. but you have to be careful, because 1 in 5 pregnant mum will lose their baby in early pregnancy.

Had some brown discharge and uncomfortable cramp yesterday, early this morning it became fresh red blood. XL sent me to KK O&G clinic at 5am because I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't put away the bad thoughts: it's all my fault! I have been complaining abt the nausea and everything too much, baby must have thought I don't love her. it must be my fault! I must have carried too heavy bags and walked too much. It must be my  fault, and I am losing this baby.

With a 'threatened miscarriage' information brochure at hand after almost 2hrs at O&G, I just felt tired. I should feel relieved, I heard baby's strong heartbeat, saw the fluttering heart beating strongly. But tiredness overwhelmed me. And doctor's last words abt 1 in 5 will lose their baby didn't really comfort me. OK, I know I shud be positive, my baby needs me and I love my baby. I will try not to be too emo and will take care of myself.

PS. note to baby, it's a pleasure to meet u for the first time today!

No comments: