Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Back from hospital

I am officially in confinement!

Delivery was exceptionally smooth,  that I didn't experience any pain! Admitted hospital to induce labour because of reduced fetal movement.  Things happened so fast. Dr Tan broke the water bag almost as soon as I lie down on the bed after checking the cervix dilation. Then contraction starts. Before contractions became painful, epidural was already administered. Just one hr after nurse checked that I am 4-5cm dilated, I am already 10cm dilated ready to push. When Dr Tan arrived, with just 3 push, baby is out! During skin to skin session after delivery, baby already latch on and started feeding!

Small episodes that happened along the way:
I felt itchiness right from the beginning.  Side effect of epidural.
I shivered for one hr or so, side effect of epidural. 
Vomited just before I reach my ward. Side effect of epidural. 
Felt pain and discomforts whole day after delivery.  Dr say is uterus contracting, but .... after birth pain is worse than labor pain is too much to take... okok I know its not a fair comparison, coz I dun feel pain at all durinv labor, but I dun remember I was in such pain after wl delivery.  Luckily, after third dosage of painkillers at midnight starts to work and I finally get to sleep in peace.
Baby vomitted three times with brownish stuff... after testing, it is my blood that she might have swallowed during delivery,  so its not a concern.

Otherwise all is fine, we are all at home,  baby is feeding well, my milk supply is coming... I am worried I'll have blocked ducts... I remember it to be extremely painful... I will massage well before every feeding!

No comments: