Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

How l hope l can spend my weekends.

Wake up at 7am, and think it's just 7am and sleep some more, cuddle a bit with hubby..
Finally open my eyes at 10am, browse my facebook and play Candycrush till I finish all my lives on my comfy bed..
Finally jump off bed feeling happy and excited, then skipped to the hippest cafe in town for a cool brunch.
Enjoy pretty food and latte-art Coffee while I try to take yummy looking food to post on my instagram , then enjoy best friends' company at the cafe, sharing the latest gossips.
It is a great day with nice weather, go swimming with hubby before dinner.
It's dinner time with family. Weekend is best with home cooked food (cooked by my mummy)
TV time with family in the evening.
9pm, go late nightmovie With my lovely hubby.
Ends the day with supper at the market, what is weekend without satay / fried hokken mee or Punggol nasi lemaK ?
How l actually spend my weekend
6am: Woke up by MM, probably the third time since last night? I can't really remember . Dream feed= l feed mm in my dreams. (or while sleepwalking)
7am: Woke up again because gg cry coz she dun see me lying beside her when she peep in her sleep. Couldn't figure out how she manage to do that...
7.30am: finally comforted gg and get ready for breakfast.
8am: Breakfast is noodle soup share with gg. Din really know how 'it taste like Or remember if I did eat anything, because my focus is to feed gg her noodles and feed mm cereal at The same time. "Brain rules' is right, our brain is not wired to multitask.
9am: Running after naked gg to go into toilet for shower.
10.30am: Finally both princesses are cleaned and dressed. I try to shower quickly and get ready to go out for lunch. No time to dress up, I think I look Ok la, most importantly top is nursing accessible, whole day outside dunno when and where have to feed MM. (It's lunch time already?!?)
1130am: We are early for friends lunch gathering (actually is my friends are late for our brunch gathering) , so brought gg to play at the mall's children play area. In between, checked out the new malls' nursing room which is elephant big, and try to nurse fussy mm.....
1 pm: when gg is finally warmed up to play at the new playground, Our friends arrived for lunch ( or breakfast for my friends)
2.30pm: managed to survive lunch with mm crying and sleeping intermittently ,  friends have not seen each other for a long time so we decide to have Some coffee and dessert to catchup some more.
3pm: finally settled down at a new hipster cafe with young people, MM started to be cranky and husband need to carry her walk ard the mall.
3.30pm It's gg turn to be cranky because she missed her usual nap time which is 2 and half hours ago.
4pm hastily ended coffee session and apologized to friends for my cranky babies. We parted and promised to meet again real soon. (which probably will not happen anytime soon unless we all forget abt today's drama )
5pm: still in car because both kids are sleeping like angels in their car seat.
6.30pm: At parents home for dinner. It's a blessing to have other family members to entertain gg and carry mm.
8pm: Shower both kids and get ready to go home.
9pm: Home sweet home. Can't wait to go to my comfy bed. But gg refused to sleep. Luckily mm feel asleep In her car seat whole travelling home.
10pm: After acceding to gg countless request such as "l want milk" "No, I want Milk in hello kitty bottle" "I want星星" ( the graduate puff) , "l want Dora" (Watch her favorite cartoon Dora)  etc.
11pm: (or so) I am already asleep before gg sleep. Thank goodness the husband is awake to entertain her)
12pm: (or so) Mm crying for milk... it's another day already....
disclaimer: Above is probably an exagerated illustration of some of the worst seenario I had during weekend, which happens rather frequently. 
Parenting comes with challenges and sacrifices. Though endless and repeating drama makes me feel exhausted most of the time. nothing can replace the joy of seeing the girls smile , learning new things and growing up.

2 comments:

Ac said...

I'm like re-reading your "parenting" tag and find myself nodding away.... and the wedding post (your BIL wedding) mine is coming up next month! lol...

J1am1n said...

Yeah..i have anothe bil wedding end of the yr again... wish u luck! And wish me luck too! All this shall pass... hang on!!!