Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sleep training

I stumbled upon this article which I feel I must share:
https://www.babysleepsite.com/sleep-training/sleep-training-selfishishness-checklist/

I shouted "yes!" for most on the checklist, especially number 10 "10. I laugh with my baby more when I’ve gotten enough some sleep." Haha....like " enough some sleep."a lot!

I struggled with training WL to sleep constantly. I had enjoyed some brief success when she's about 3 months old, after 2 weeks of persistent sleep training, establishing sleeping habits while her grandparents were away for holidays. However, as she grew a bit older some habits were "broken" and I start to experience inertia to sleep train her again.


Ok, I need to train her to sleep independently!

Before I start on this difficult task, there are 2 problems I need to ponder on:
1) Should I be the one to do the closing?
Because of my work, I should not be at home most of the time at night before her normal bedtime. I know some of my colleagues don't do the closing so they could go for appt at night, others adjust their work schedule such that they will be at home before bedtime. Right now, I go for night appts occasionally and XL will make WL slp when I am not around. Because it is just occasionally, WL actually still wait for me, even if she fall asleep, she'll wake up when I reach home.

2) Should I still nurse her for her last feed?
One of her strongest sleep association is "nursing". Two problems: 1) I won't know how to make her sleep if she refuse breast, when she's not hungry or when I have low supply. 2) She'd need me to make her sleep. = bad habit? One issue is she don't like bottle. This lead to two issues: 1) I have to continue breastfeeding, 2) I cant replace last feed to formula, many people suggested that this will help her sleep longer at night. Sigh... dunno what to do with this problem.

....
Probably I need to think of one habit that has nothing to do with me.

No comments: